Saturday, May 18, 2013

Eurovision semi final 2, 2013

Last night I attended the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) Semi Final 2 of 2013; it was held in Malmö, Sweden.

After all these years of watching Eurovision (about 22 years?) I finally attended a Eurovision performance! I must say that I was incredibly impressed with the smoothness of the live tv broadcast and the transitions of the little videos inbetween.  As you can see from the photo below, it takes a lot of computers to make it all work so well!

Flavoured water was provided in little cartons for free, and recycle boxes were provided. I am getting the feeling that Sweden is very modern in its ways than I did not anticipate. 

The entertainment before the show was great, it wasn't televised but there were roller bladers with some amazing projections of paint blotches on the floor with their jumps! It was very modern and cool!

Most of the songs featured a projected backdrop that complemented the song,  however after seeing the tv broadcast today, a lot of it was missed on tv.

There were a few songs of the 17 that I really liked, namely Iceland, Israel and Switzerland.  However, only one of my favourite three made it through to the final, so I was actually very disappointed with the result!!

The viewing was very enlightening though of how the show functions and how they make the show live. It was quite surreal to really be there! Such fun!

No comments: